NGCAA Limited

Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS)

You need to ensure that you make checks before buying your alcohol from a wholesaler

Monday 15th of May 2017 08:00

If you Sell Alcohol to the Public

If you buy from a UK supplier you must:

  • Check that the business they but from have registered for the AWRS
  • Have a unique reference number (URN)

From 1st April 2016, any wholesale business who sells alcohol to any other business must have registered their business with HMRC

You will not need to check all your suppliers on 1 April 2017. You can carry out checks before you next trade with each wholesaler. You will need to repeat this check periodically, to ensure their wholesalers remain approved for AWRS. Keep records of the checks as evidence of your due diligence activities.

Follow the guidelines on the MHRC Website  Check Here


NGCAA - Legal advice and administrative support to member golf clubs